QUICK Cost-To-Build estimates have the following assumptions:
QUICK Cost-To-Build estimates are available for single family, stick-built, detached, 1 story, 1.5 story and 2 story home plans with attached or detached garages, pitched roofs on flat to gently sloping sites.
QUICK Cost-To-Build estimates are not available for specialty plans and construction such as garage / apartment, townhouse, multi-family, hillside, flat roof, concrete walls, log cabin, home additions, and other designs inconsistent with the assumptions outlined in Item 1 above.
User is able to select and have costs instantly calculate for slab on grade, crawlspace or full basement options.
User is able to select and have costs instantly calculate different quality levels of construction including Economy, Standard, Premium. View Quality Level Assumptions.
Estimate will dynamically adjust costs based on the home plan's finished square feet, porch, garage and bathrooms.
Estimate will dynamically adjust costs based on unique zip code for project location.
All home plans are based on the following design assumptions: 8 foot basement ceiling height, 9 foot first floor ceiling height, 8 foot second floor ceiling height (if used), gable roof; 2 dormers, average roof pitch is 12:12, 1 to 2 covered porches, porch construction on foundations.
Summarized cost report will provide approximately 70 lines of cost detail within the following home construction categories: Site Work, Foundations, Basement (if used), Exterior Shell, Special Spaces (Kitchen, Bathrooms, etc), Interior Construction, Elevators, Plumbing, Heating / AC, Electrical Systems, Appliances, Contractor Markup. View a LIVE Sample Cost Report.
QUICK Cost-To-Build generates estimates only. It is highly recommend that one employs a local builder in order to get a more accurate construction cost.
All costs are "installed costs" including material, labor and sales tax.
* Limit one $19.95 credit per complete plan package order.
** Available for U.S. only.
What is Included in this House Plan?
1. Cover Page (A-1) - Front Elevation of House, Sheet Index, General Notes
2. Plumbing Plan (A-2) - (**Our plans do not show an actual foundation plan with slab thickness and structural reinforcement due to the fact that the plans need to be engineered according to the local codes where the house is going to be built.)
Basic slab or stemwall foundation layout, Exterior dimensions, Dimensions to plumbing fixtures, General Notes
3. Note Plan (A-3) - Floor plan, General notes, Basic window and door schedules
4. Dimension Plan (A-4) - Interior dimensions of plan, Exterior dimensions of plan
5. Elevations (A-5) - 4 Elevations of house (Front, Rear, Left and Right), General call outs, Roof pitch, Truss bearing heights, General notes, Details (where applicable)
6. Roof Plan (A-6) - Floor plans with a general roof design layout, Overhang dimensions, Truss bearing heights, beam slopes, and beam height changes, General notes
7. Sections Page (A-7) - General wall sections, Misc. details (stairs, tie beam, window and door buck details)
8. Electrical Plan (E-1) - General layout of switches, outlets and wiring, General television, and phone jack locations, General notes
Want to make changes?
Receive a FREE modification estimate in one of 3 ways. Our modification team is ready to help you adjust any plan to fit your needs. The ReDesign process is simple and estimates are free!
2. Print, complete and fax this PDF Form to us at 1-800-675-4916.
3. Want to talk to an expert? Call us at 913-938-8097 (Canadian customers, please call 800-361-7526) to discuss modifications.
Note: - a sketch of the changes or the website floor plan marked up to reflect changes is a great way to convey the modifications in addition to a written list.
We Work Fast!
When you submit your ReDesign request, a designer will contact you within 24 business hours with a quote.
You can have your plan redesigned in as little as 14 - 21 days!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Start today planning for tomorrow!
Previous Q & A
Previous Questions and Answers
Q:What is the height of the highest point of the ceilings? What is the height of the exterior walls?
A:The highest point of the interior ceiling in the great room is 16'-8" using trusses. If it is conventionally framed it would be 19'-4".
The wall or beam height is 10'-0".
Date Posted: 09-Oct-20
Q:Is the center of this house vaulted to the copula so that the light comes into the house?
A:Yes it vaults to the cupola. Thanks
Date Posted: 17-May-19
Q:Have you vented bathrooms, laundry and kitchen exhaust through the roof and out of the house? Can you add light tunnels to the areas you would rather have natural light? I see plenty of light sources now but just in case. Jane Aronson
A:Thanks for your interest Jane, The way the roof is designed it would be possible for light tunnels. Yes the vents should go through the roof that is something your plumber would take care of. Thanks
Date Posted: 08-Mar-16
Q:Does the roof of this floor plan cover the porch all the way around the house.
A:THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. THE PLAN YOU ARE VIEWING ON LINE DOES NOT HAVE THE PORCH COVERED ALL THE WAY AROUND. I DO HAVE A VERSION THAT HAS THE PORCH COVERED.
Date Posted: 10-Feb-15
Q:Can I make modifications to this plan?
A:Yes you can! Please click the "Modifications" tab above to get more information.
Q:What is the estimated price to build this plan?
A:The national average for a house is running right at $125.00 per SF. You can get more detailed information by clicking the Cost-To-Build tab above. Sorry, but we cannot give cost estimates for garage, multifamily or project plans.
Ask A Question
Got a question about this plan? Ask the Designer any question you may have. NOTE: If you have a plan modification question, please click on the Plan Modifications tab above.
Designers/Architects that are interested in marketing their plans with us, please fill out this form